Trick or treat? A treat for sure! Try this creamy and spicy Pumpkin soup this October for the perfectly ghoulish winter warmer.
This recipe from Russell Hobbs will serve four and is so easy to prepare, your kids won’t even have polished off their Trick or Treat goodies before you serve up!
Use your Russell Hobbs Desire Glass Jug Blender [RRP £39.99] to blend this creamy soup, to ensure no chunks of pumpkin are left at the bottom of the bowl.
· 900g pumpkin
· 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 900ml chicken or vegetable stock
· 1 tsp ground ginger
· 2 tbsp single cream or crème fraiche
· 1 tsp ground coriander
· 1 bunch of coriander leaves
1. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds, and cut the flesh into chunks, roughly chop the coriander.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, add the leeks, garlic and spices, then stir till the leeks have softened slightly.
3. Add the pumpkin and stock to the pan, bring to the boil, then simmer gently till the pumpkin is tender (20-30 minutes).
4. Remove from the heat, and stir in the coriander and cream. Let the mixture cool for about 30 minutes, then blend at high speed, till it’s really smooth.
5. Return the mixture to the pan and heat to serving temperature (don’t let it boil). Taste, adjust the seasoning, and serve with crusty bread.